Calgary Public Library, We Love You!
Do you know where an amazing place in Calgary is? The Calgary Library. As an adult, when I walk in there, I take a deep breath and I feel like I can conquer the world. I feel like I can learn Spanish if I just take out that one book on conversational Spanish, or somehow master knitting, or Vegetarian cooking in a day. I know, this is foolish thinking, but I love the feeling of having the world of information at my fingertips. We are so incredibly lucky to not only have numerous organized locations all over the city with willing librarians to help guide us on our literacy journey but it's all free. Crazy! How do we get to be so lucky to have a membership that allows us to borrow all of these resources and take part in their programming and online courses?! Here are six perks of the Calgary Public Library you may not know about!
1. Each member gets 2 hours of free internet a day!
2. Each member enjoys $5 of free printing every month. Why? I'm not sure they're just great!
3. Each member has access to hard copy books as well as e-books through overdrive.
4. Each member has access to a range of registered programs at each location from mom & baby story time & songs to help with taxes.
5. Each member has access to Hoopla. Hoopla is an online app you can download to watch movies, educational content, foreign film and much more. You receive 6 downloads a month all for free!
6. Low income families can take part in the Sun Life Financial Arts & Culture Pass which provides tickets and admission at a discounted rate.
This is all pretty great, isn't it? Thank you yyc for providing all this awesomeness for free!