Holy Veggies! - Green Pie Recipe
Holy Veggies! Our CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) program is only a month in and we are already overwhelmed with fresh produce! If you are in the same boat with kale, swiss char or spinach coming out of your ears the recipe below is delicious! I have only made it with the prescribed phyllo pastry, however, I would like to attempt to make it with pie pastry to reduce the packing impact. I'm sure it would be just as tasty! Another tip if you're looking bulk feta cheese I just betchya Kalamata Grocery Store (1421 11 St SW, Calgary) would hook you up! I'll keep you posted on both pie pastry taste and bulk cheese! If you have never checked out the grocery store it has awesome domas!
- two pounds of spinach, swiss char or spinach or a mix!
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of dill chopped
- 1/4 cup of parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup of green onion chopped
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 12 sheets of phyllo dough
- Mix the greens, cheese, dill, parsley, green onions, eggs, salt and pepper all together.
- Brush the bottom of an 8X8 Pan with olive oil
- Brush a sheet of phyllo pastry with olive oil and place in the pan and repeat until you have 6 layers. You might have to trim the pastry to fit the pan!
- Place the greens mixture all over the dough.
- Repeat the olive oil brushing on dough until you have 6 layers on top of the greens mixture
- Bake @ 350 degrees until golden brown - about 30 mins.