Welcome

 

I Needed to Change

I Needed to Change

My name is Papa Sasquatch, Mama Sasquatch has referred to me several times in her posts. I thought I would make my presence known and introduce myself today! I hope to contribute more to Simple Sasquatch in the years to come. Some of you may know that I am a work at home dad, that spends about 30% of my time working in advertising and the other 70% of my time enjoying my family and a simple life. After having kids a lot of your life priorities change, there isn’t as much time to hang out with friends, stay up late, watch movies, or do just about anything you want to do. So Mama Sas and I have been working towards simplifying our life to make time for everything that is important to us and this site chronicles our journey. Over the past year I've found myself on a quest for self-improvement and happiness. Not to say I wasn’t happy before, but I wanted to really focus on the true areas in life that bring me the most joy. Those areas I have found to be are family, learning, productivity, and sustainability. I also found myself judging the world around me but not necessarily doing anything to change it. You need to be the change you want to see! I wanted to change that, so when Mama Sas jumped on the zero waste, minimalist train I was right on board with her. I have been finding that the simple life also leads to a sustainable life. I hope to share my ideas and processes with you and include a quantitative side on how our family is changing and sustaining. I will be looking into the economic side of things, challenging the status quo and in turn discovering new ideas and processes for our family to contribute to bettering our world. In closing I leave you with a quote from one of the better books I have read this year.

A sustainable society will seek higher levels of awareness and transcendent meaning in life-more true happiness with less stuff.” - Ray Anderson (Confessions of a Radical Industrialist)

Papa Sas.

The Economics of:

The Economics of:

Numma Numma

Numma Numma